Saturday, February 09, 2008

Planning for a Sabbatical.

I blogged on the topic of the small church pastor taking a sabbatical during the last week August. At that time I was unsure if I would take a sabbatical if the church offered one to me. Well… it looks like I am going to eat my words.

By December my internal fuel tank was running on empty. My step mom had a serious health emergency that would eventually end her life. My father has serious complications for diabetes and being 100+ pounds over weight. Dealing with these situations from two states away has taken its toll. The Session and I started to have serious conversations about the possibility of a sabbatical near the end of November. At its December meeting the Session voted for me to have a three month sabbatical in 2009. We are working on a grant to fund the sabbatical.

My grant writing team wants to use a blog to:

  • Keep the congregation informed of the progress in writing the proposal;
  • To provide an easy avenue for the Evergreen Presbyterian Church family to give input to the grant writing team;
  • To give folks around the globe the opportunity to learn from what we are doing and to give their insight on our process and proposal.

The blog for this process is: Journey 2 Sabbatical.

Please try to check out the new blog every week or two to see the latest updates. We look forward to your thoughts and will covet your prayers.

1 Comments:

At 10:49 PM , Blogger gaohui said...

Bali is another organization that ed hardy Hats are known for their functional yet ed hardy Caps beautiful bras. Founded by Sara ed hardy Hats Stein in 1927.The Wonderbra manufactured by buy ed hardy the Sara Lee Corporation, is a push-up bra that was a sensation during its time. It was a big Ed Hardy Sale success and drew enormous amounts of interest. It was designed to Ed Hardy Swimwear make the bust appear larger, thus enhancing a Ed Hardy Swimwear womans cleavage.Here are more resource articles on cheap plus ed hardy swimsuits size evening gowns and plus size clothing for women.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home