Monday, September 11, 2006

Setting the Record Straight

Just a few minutes ago I got off the phone with Charles Wiley, from the Louisville office of the PCUSA. We had a very good conversation. Part of our conversation had to do with my mentioning that he had met with Hezbollah, on that controversial trip a couple of years ago. In that posting I cited the published source from which I obtained my information.

CHARLES WAS NOT A PART OF THAT MEETING! I apologize for posting information that was not accurate. The correct story goes like this (and Charles gave me permission to post this):

Charles had been invited to go on the trip. The trip was going to be quite long (17 days) and he did not want to be away from his family for such a long time. He made arrangements to join the group in Israel. He was at an internet café in Israel, waiting to join the delegation, when he read about the Hezbollah meeting on Presbyweb!

Once again, I am sorry for any inconvenience and harm that I may have caused Charles. I am thankful that he took the time to contact me and set the record straight.

With a heavy heart,

Lance

2 Comments:

At 7:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lance,

It was good to speak with you today. No reason to have a heavy heart.

Charles

 
At 11:28 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for clearing this up.

(I'm also pleased to hear that Charles Wiley WAS NOT in that meeting.)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home