Tuesday, July 11, 2006

A Wild Idea - Day 1

Last year I attended a conference at Willow Creek Community Church. I learned a lot at the conference and would highly recommend a visit to Willow Creek. While there I learned that Willow Creek has several “teaching” pastors. This is so different from the experience of most churches! Most churches have one pastor that preaches every week. There is an advantage to preaching every week. I know the people and the people know me. I know many of the “needs” of those who are worshipping with us. Mega-church pastors can miss this blessing. The struggle is to stay “fresh” and “relevant.” The congregation could benefit from having a new voice every now and then.

Here’s my idea. I am looking for two, three or four people that read my blog to help develop a sermon series for use in the fall of 2006 or spring of 2007. As a group we would come up with the topic and text. Each of us would be responsible for one message. We would provide an outline for all the others in the group. We will give feedback to help improve the message.

We will use a wiki and this blog to involve as many people as possible in the process.

Post a comment on the blog if you would like to be a part of this cyber-preaching team.

1 Comments:

At 6:45 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The idea is that we would preach one another's sermons in our own pulpits? I'm interested in that. My church is small, about 75 members, in suburban Kansas City.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home