Thursday, June 05, 2008

I'm still here... honest :-)

Once again, pastoral duties have occupied all of my time. As the saying goes, “When it rains, it pours.” In the past few weeks I have had:

  • Two memorial services.
  • One person with cancer that died this week (folks from the church and I have been providing a lot of care for the person and the family. Am currently working on the memorial service.
  • Two persons in the hospital with strokes. One is recovering quite well and the other (who has Alzheimer’s) has been placed in a care facility that specializes with Alzheimer’s. The recent health difficulties sped up his memory troubles.
  • One person diagnosed with a reoccurrence cancer—lung cancer has come back in the Adrenal gland. She had surgery to remove the Adrenal gland and then had to have surgery to put in a heart pace maker. Chemo begins next week.
  • An elderly woman who is very weak due to being sick.

All of these ministry items are public knowledge.

There are many important issues facing the PCUSA and the upcoming meeting of the General Assembly. Hopefully, I will be able to get back to posting next week.

Pastor Lance

1 Comments:

At 4:07 PM , Blogger Alan said...

I recall several years ago when I did 8 funerals/memorials between October 1 and Thanksgiving. One sermon and one memorial svs is doable. Two memorial services and sermon not so much so.

You're in my thoughts and prayers as you minister up north.

Alan

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home